Are you tired of working from the same place every day? Do you need a break from your usual tedious journey? Or want to work away from home? Well, a workcation is exactly what you need! More specifically, a workation in Europe! Nobody wants to be chained to their desks all day with a drab view of their neighbourhood. With these workation ideas, now you can work while sitting by the beach or in a picturesque café. Here are some of the best workation destinations in Europe. The beautiful architecture and rich history are something to look out for. So plan yours right away!
Below are the top 10 best workation destinations in Europe:
- Bratislava is one of the most beautiful workation destinations in Europe. This historic town is filled with cafés for you to work peacefully in and has some of the most beautiful gothic architecture.
- A Vienna to Bratislava bus journey takes 1 hour 40 minutes.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Bratislava would cost about €1,363 ($1,594) for about two weeks and €682 ($798) for just a week.
- Prague is known for its major Czech economic centre and also for its rich culture and architectural aspects. The wonderful neighbourhood, scenic views, and a country renowned for its beer sound like the perfect workation!
- A Berlin to Prague bus journey takes 3 hours 30 minutes.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Prague would cost around Kč14,293 ($654) for a week.
- Riga is a small European country and the capital of Latvia. Rich architectural heritage, beautiful white sandy beaches, and mouth-watering local food make Riga a wonderful workation in Europe.
- A Tallinn to Riga bus journey takes approximately 8 hours 30 minutes.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Riga is feasible and costs up to €634 ($742) per week.
- Famous for its magnificent architecture Rome is ideal for a workation in Europe. The blend of ancient, medieval, and Modern Rome makes it irresistible. With great food, wine, and beautiful sites, you can mix work with some compulsory sightseeing.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Rome costs around €915 ($1,070) for a week.
- Surrounded by statues of mythical creatures and incredible architecture, Budapest makes a splendid location for workation in Europe. The architecture is stunning and enormous, evident from the Bath and the numerous castles.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Budapest is about Ft184,663 ($616) for a week.
- Named after the Greek Goddess of wisdom, Athens is one of the most ancient cities globally and a worthwhile workation in Europe.
- It is the birthplace of art, culture, and democracy and home to famous philosophers such as Plato and Socrates. Surrounded by breath-taking architecture and vast history, who wouldn’t want to work here?
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Athens for a week in Athens costs about €719 ($841).
- It is a city with intriguing architecture filled with Romanian and communist-era buildings. Surrounded by greenery and comparatively less traffic, this city is ideal for a workation. The street art in Bucharest is something you must admire, along with the delectable local Romanian food.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Bucharest is approximately lei3,594 ($852) for a week.
- The Croatian coastal city of Dubrovnik is built with smooth marble floors and is surrounded by colourful cafes and beautiful churches. The architecture style is a mix of Gothic-Renaissance and Baroque.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Dubrovnik costs about kn4,029 ($629) a week.
- One of the most ancient cities in Poland, the main square in Krakow is filled with the hustle and bustle of bars, cafes, and entertaining street performers. Dining at one of the many patios is something that you shouldn’t miss.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in Krakow is zł1,537 ($392) for a week.
- The beauty, elegance, and sophistication of the places in France are what make it so charming. The history and artwork are incredible and endless cafés and delectable French food, like macaroons, crepes, and croissants. France is one of the most beautiful workation destinations that you can choose.
- The average cost of food and accommodation in France for a week is about €1,299 ($1,520).
Workation is one of the best ideas to manage work and leisure together. If you’ve got the opportunity to go on one, then workation destinations in Europe are indeed an excellent choice!
You may like to read: Best Cities in Europe to Travel Alone