Croatia is a country that possesses great historical importance. One can still witness the Roman remains in many Croatian cities. While travelling from one Croatian city to another, one can witness the scenic natural beauty along the route. You can pre-plan your road trip to Croatia by booking bus tickets online. Many tourists prefer to catch a bus for Croatia road trips due to high availability. Bus services in Croatia are economical as compared to other means of transportation. Read on to know about the top Croatia road trips.
Split to Zagreb
The road distance between Split and Zagreb is 408 KM, and it takes 6-7 hours to cover this route by bus. If you are a fan of the ‘Game of Thrones TV Series, then you can view some of the iconic scenes that were shot in Croatia.
The route from Split to Zagreb is filled with scenic views along with abundant social amenities. You can book a Split to Zagreb bus online on redBus and can enjoy the scenic views along the route. The key points to know before booking a bus from Split to Zagreb are:
• The average price of a Split to Zagreb bus ticket on redBus is USD 28.
• The top tourist attractions to visit in Zagreb are The Museum of Broken Relationships, Stone Gate, Maksimir Park, The Museum of Mimara, and Lotrscak Tower.
Zadar to Zagreb
Zadar is 292 KM far from Zagreb by road, and it takes around 4 hours to cover this route by bus. Unlike rental services, you don’t have to worry about a driver by booking Zadar to Zagreb bus tickets online.
There are many tourist attractions along the route from Zadar to Zagreb like Karlovac, Senj, etc. The key points to remember before booking a Zadar to Zagreb bus on redBus are:
• The average Zadar to Zagreb bus fare on redBus is USD 19.64.
• The best places to visit in Zagreb are The Croatian National Theatre, Upper Town, Zagreb Cathedral and Treasury, and Stone Gate.
Zagreb to Rijeka
The road distance from Zagreb to Rijeka is 168 KM, and it takes around 2.5 hours to cover this route by bus. There are abundant eateries along the route from Zagreb to Rijeka. Some of the key points to know before booking Zagreb to Rijeka bus tickets are:
• The average Zagreb to Rijeka bus fare is around USD 16.
• Some of the top tourist attractions in Rijeka are Kastav, Peek & Poke Computer Museum, Trsat Castle, and Rijeka Central Market.
Pula to Zagreb
Pula is located 271 KM far from Zagreb by road, and it takes around five hours to cover this route by bus. ‘Pula to Zagreb’ road trip is possible due to many bus operators servicing this route. You can find buses from Pula to Zagreb throughout the day at frequent intervals. The key points to know before booking Pula to Zagreb bus tickets are:
• The average Pula to Zagreb bus fare on redBus is USD 28.55. The Pula to Zagreb bus fare may change according to the operator and seat type.
• The best places to visit along the route from Pula to Zagreb are Opatija, Crikvenica, Karlovac, and the Museum of Broken Relationships.
Zagreb to Pula
If you are booking Zagreb to Pula bus tickets on redBus, you can also book bus tickets for the return trip. redBus serves many Croatian routes by partnering with some of the top bus operators of the country.
The road distance from Zagreb to Pula is around 270 KM, and you can cover this distance in five hours by bus. The key points to know before looking for a Zagreb to Pula bus are:
• The Zagreb to Pula bus fare starts from USD 28.55.
• The top places to visit in Pula are Aquarium Pula, Amphitheatre de Pula, Museum Olei Historiae, Temple of Augustus, and Kotli.
Split to Zadar
The road distance from Split to Zadar is 159 KM, and it takes around three hours to cover this route by bus. You can catch a bus to Zadar from the Split Central Bus Station and can enjoy the scenic views along the route.
Mostly, Standard AC buses with seater seats are preferred by passengers travelling from Split to Zadar. The key points to know before booking Split to Zadar bus tickets are:
• The Split to Zadar bus fare on redBus is USD 16.
• The top tourist attractions in Zadar are Sea Organ, Zadar Land City Gates, Zadar Cathedral, Zrmanja, and the Museum of Illusions.
Split to Sibenik
The road distance from Split to Sibenik is 90 KM, and it takes less than 2 hours to cover this route by bus. Split to Sibenik is a short bus route, and you can find frequent buses available throughout the day. The key points to know before booking Split to Sibenik bus tickets are:
• The Split to Sibenik bus ticket on redBus starts at USD 8.74.
• The top places to visit in Sibenik are The Cathedral of St James, St. Michael’s Fortress, Dalmatian Ethno Village, and Sokolarski Raptor Centre.
Sibenik to Prosika
The road distance from Sibenik from Prosika is 48 KM, and it takes less than one hour to cover this route by bus. The well-appointed road network from Sibenik to Prosika helps bus operators in providing on-time bus services. The key points to know before booking Sibenik to Prosika bus tickets on redBus are:
• The Sibenik to Prosika bus fare on redBus starts from USD 3.47.
• The top places to visit in Prosika Pag Riva, Pag Town Bridge, and Prosika City Beach.
Zagreb to Osijek
The road distance from Zagreb to Osijek is 278 KM, and it takes approximately four hours to cover this route by bus. Zagreb to Osijek is among the most scenic Croatia road trips.
‘Zagreb to Osijek’ road trip is preferred by many nature-buffs in Croatia. The key points to remember before booking Zagreb to Osijek bus tickets are:
• The Zagreb to Osijek bus fare on redBus starts from USD 22.88.
• The top tourist attractions in Osijek are Osijek Zoo, Kuzni Pillar, Waterfall Fortress, SS Peter and Paul, and Red Fico.
Zagreb to Dakovo
The road distance between Zagreb and Dakovo is around 239 KM, and it takes 3.5 hours to cover this route by bus. Zagreb to Dakovo is one of the offbeat Croatia road trips, and there are many scenic views present along the route. The key points to know before booking Zagreb to Dakovo bus tickets are:
• The average Zagreb to Dakovo bus fare on redBus is USD 21.
• The top places to visit in Dakovo are Dakovo Cathedral, State Stud Farms, and Admiral Automat Club.
In a nutshell
Besides the aforementioned road trips, redBus serves many more Croatian routes by partnering with reliable bus operators. A bus is a perfect vehicle for a road trip to Croatia as one can travel together with family/friends. You can choose redBus as the bus booking platform for a hassle-free road trip to Croatia. One can compare the amenities offered by different Croatian buses on redBus and choose according to their trip requirements. The well-connected road network in Croatia makes it possible to get around quickly in various cities. Plan your road trip to Croatia with redBus now!
You may like to read: Travel Restrictions in Europe